MiSight for Myopia Management
Myopia is more commonly referred to as nearsightedness, or the inability to see objects clearly at a distance. Myopia is on the rise – in its frequency and its severity. The reason for its escalation has been linked to two factors:
Genetics: Children with one or two myopic parents are more likely to be myopic.
Lifestyle: Children who spend more time on activities like reading or using handheld devices instead of spending time outdoors are more likely to become myopic.
We are now certified in the Brilliant Futures™ Myopia Management Program, featuring MiSight® 1 day contact lenses, the first and only soft contact lens FDA approved* to slow the progression of myopia in children ages 8 to 12 at the initiation of treatment.
MiSight® 1 day is a soft contact lens that uses ActivControl™ Technology to slow the elongation of the eyes. ActivControl™ Technology simultaneously corrects a child’s vision while training the eye to resist growing in length.
Children can insert the soft, daily wear, single-use contact lenses in their eyes in the morning, wear them for at least 10 hours during the day, then dispose of them in the evening.
More than just vision correction, myopia management with MiSight® 1 day contact lenses can help keep your child’s future brilliant.
MiSight® 1 day Contact Lens Features
- Corrects distance vision immediately
- Can slow myopia progression during their growing years
- Offers a comfortable wearing experience
- Allows you to avoid the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Accommodates a more active lifestyle
- Provides children who wear contact lenses a significantly better quality of life than children wearing glasses, especially regarding athletics and appearance